Re: websites incompatible with iceweasel

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 01:40:56 -0700, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> When I go to www.citicards.com using iceweasel 2.0.0.6 Debian Etch, I
> just get a blank page. I get the same result even with -safe-mode
> option. Is this a bug in iceweasel?

I can access this site with icewesasel 2.0.0.6-1 (on Sid/amd64) with
javascript turned off. I get redirected immediately to

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/home.do

Maybe you can try to go to that URL directly. They say that you need
javascript for full functionality, but basic navigation seems to work
without it. (I clicked around a bit, but I did not try anything
"serious".)

[ snip: "firefox is not supported" ]

> Is there any financial institution who offer credit cards and also
> help free software? Even if they do not help free software, I would be
> happy if they have a website which is browser independent. It is
> probably better to take our business there than with citicards whose
> technology department is not capable enough to design a website which
> is standard compliant...
>
> Any ideas/suggestions/comments/thoughts?

This was mentioned a while ago on slashdot:

http://www.linuxfund.org/

I have no experience with it myself, though.

          Florian   |