Can not see my desktop in vnc session that is started up from local display.

Hi guys:

I installed the tightvncserver on Debian Etch, and set it up as normal as I did in my old system (fedora).

I opened the terminal from local gnome desktop, and executed the "vncserver :1", the vncserver is started up, but I can't see the desktop in this vncsession, only the X server is displayed.

However, I remotely login to the server, and from the terminal of this ssh session, I executed the same command as above to start up the vnc service, then I can see the desktop in the vncsession.

Is there any points I missed to correctly set it up?

Here is my xstartup script:

#!/bin/sh
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
# unset SESSION_MANAGER
# exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
#vncconfig -iconic &
#xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
#x-window-manager &
gnome-session &

I dont see any differences or specials in the script, since it's simply straightforward to understand.
Or is the method of starting up the vncserver from local display not supported?
Any body have idea about this?

Thanks.
Michael.