Re: mondoarchive

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hugo Vanwoerkom" <hvw59601@care2.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: mondoarchive

debian user wrote:
I am running Sarge.

I apt-get(ted) the stable mondo tools and am trying to
use mondoarchive.

When doing a test archive for my /home dir,
mondoarchive complains of a fatal error:

Fatal error. Filesystem cramfs not supported for
initrd image. Terminating.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I see you posted to the mondo list also.
Found this:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2004/02/msg00059.html

Which seems to suggest that you must use a failsafe kernel:

man mondoarchive:

-k path Path of user's kernel. If you are a Debian or Gentoo user then specify -k FAILSAFE as your kernel. Otherwise, you will rarely need this option.

That said, I see that in my stock Debian I have in the .config:

CONFIG_CRAMFS=y

and I run mondoarchive just fine w/o failsafe.
But I run Sid.
What kernel are you running?

Hugo

FWIW (not much), I've been running mondoarchive with sarge and now etch with various 2.4 and 2.6 kernels WITHOUT needing the FAILSAFE kernel, and I've not had this problem. So it might be a kernel problem, but I doubt it's any "usual" problem - It's not just because it's a Debian kernel etc...

- John