Re: mondo and Debian

Hugo Rabson wrote:
>Bear in mind that the principle reason for the mindi-kernel's existence is
>(or was) the nonstandard nature of Debian's kernel. The use of cramfs in the
>kernel made it incompatible with Mindi. Mindi will run fine without
>mindi-kernel, so long as your kernel is sane. Debian's kernels, until
>recently, weren't, as has been discussed ad nauseam on Mondo's mailing list.
>The latest kernel (from the 3.0 r1 CD 4 or 5, I think but I'm not sure) was
>fine, though, IIRC.
Well, that's good news.

Debian's default kernels are... very full-featured, shall we say..

It seems perfectly reasonable to supply a failsafe kernel -- the only problem
in the Debian package was supplying a binary without source.

So, if cramfs is the only issue, perhaps someone could make a standard Debian
kernel (the "standard debian way") with cramfs disabled, and package *that*
as mindi-kernel.  That sounds like it should work!