Re: Extending ext3 root-fs

Le Monday 03 September 2007 12:30:19 jan.johansson@se.nyklogistics.com, vous
avez écrit :
> Hello!
>
> I am running Debian 4.0 64bit on an Opteron.
> My disks are two RAID5 on a IPC VOrtex controller (gdth).
>
> My / is becoming a bit to small (Mostly stuff in /lib), so i extended it
> with
>
>  lvextend -L +200M /dev/Debian/root
>
> Now, to resize the fs i intend to boot from a knoppix-live CD and then use
> resize2fs to resize the fs.
>
> Am i missing anything? might i screw up GRUB or anything else like this?

If youre filesystem is ext3 and has the resize_inode feature (default since...
I don't know), you can resize online ! Just try resize2fs.

# sudo tune2fs -l /dev/vgsys/lvroot | grep "Filesystem features"
Filesystem features:      has_journal resize_inode dir_index filetype
needs_recovery sparse_super large_file