Re: postgresql help

When you do an uninstall with purge, your original packages are still in /var/cache/apt/archives. I had a situation with timidity that was similar though I had lost one of timidity's configuration files and reinstalling using packages already on the hard drive did not repair the situation. I ended up deleting from /var/cache/spt/archives the timidity files after an uninstall with purge had been done then did an aptitude install on timidity and that did repair the situation.