‎Re: Re: modem works in sarge but not etch or lenny

Thanks again for the input.

> Are you using the stock kernel for Lenny/Sid?
Yes, linux-image-2.6.21-2-486.  I also used a stock kernel 2.6.18 with etch.

> The command "modprobe isapnp" might help.

 # modprobe isapnp
FATAL: Module isapnp not found.

> Search for candidate device nodes by doing this:
>
> ls -l /dev/ttyS*

I attached files showing all of the blacklisted modules from lenny and
sarge and the outputs of dmesg lsmod and "ls /dev/ttyS*"  Also I
attached the file /etc/modules.

Thanks again.  I am thinking the appropriate place to post a bug would
be linux-image-2.6.21-2-486,  I don't know whether my modem card is
meant to be supported but it did work previously.

Nathan