Re: Sex spam again on the list

On Sunday 09 September 2007 21:25, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 09:15:32PM +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > This has got more than a joke now. We are being bombarded with s-x spam
> > yet again.

> > Sorry if this sounds a bit sarcastic, but I'm feeling sarcastic at the
> > moment, as I don't want this cr-p on my machine.
>
> I know this doesn't really help you, but I've seen a *massive*
> increase in spam hitting my one server in the last couple of
> days. Previously I was seeing something like 50 spam a day hitting me
> (this is after clamav kicks out the virus laden ones, so its not an
> absolute number). In the last couple of days, I've seen that number
> pretty much quadruple to around 200 per day. My false negatives have
> gone up correspondingly as well from a couple getting through
> spamassassin per day to something like 30-50 getting past s-a.
> Interestingly the subjects I'm seeing come through d-u are exactly the
> same as the ones getting through my local s-a, so some spammer has hit
> on a formula that is working at the moment. Apparently, this girl is
> having quite a problem make her extra-curricular activities work in a
> satisfactory manner... ;-O
>
> Not only has the overall number gone up, but the effectiveness has
> gone up by an order of magnitude.
>
> I wonder if this is a side-effect of the mis-named Storm Worm activity
> that's going on right now.
>
> > I don't have a shotgun, or hunting rifle, but I'd be game for an
> > organised shoot if the spammers were the targets.
>
> I need targets to practice my joint-locks and choke-holds on... ;)

I was thinking of the Roman arena, but I think that would be too easy.
Christians versus the lions are a a bit different to spammers versus the
shotguns.

I think something more in line with a film I saw. The hunted (spammers) were
given a few minutes getaway time, then the hunters (us with the shotguns)
gave pursuit. I'm not sure how it ended up in the film, but would like to
think that the spammers would lose out in this scenario.

I used to belong to the Jersey pistol club in Jersey, Channel Islands. .22,
and centre fire. We used to shoot at silouettes with the centre fire stuff. I
had a Smith&Wesson 38special, and also a Ruger single action 357magnum. This
was along with some other bits of iron. A 9mm luger with a 6"barrel, and a
Walther PPK (the James Bond one). A friend had access to a German Schmeizer
machine gun, and we took this out the .303 rifle range. This thing was
amazing, absolutely no recoil. I didn't fire it on auto, just a couple of
songle shots. My friend also had a broom handled Mauser. A strange looking
weapon, but also came with a shoulder stock, that changed it entirely.

This was back in the late 60's. These weapons were available. The Germans had
occupied the Channel Islands, and this stuff was left behind.

Meanwhile back to the spammers. I don't know if I could take one of them out
if they were in my sights. I'd like to, but what you'd like to do, and what
you actually do are two different things.

I'm certainly T'd off as to what they are doing to the Internet though.

Nigel.