Re: Always falling to grub prompt

Wayne Topa wrote:

title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.22-2-686
--- >  root            (hd1,0)
---->  kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.22-2-686 root=/dev/hdd1 ro
initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.22-2-686
savedefault

Grub did the 2 --> Lines?  The root line says hdb and the kernel line
says hdd. No wonder it won't boot.  Yet the older kernels boot up with
the same (wrong looking) root and kernel lines, so I am wrong.  I have
not yet upgraded any of my sid partitions to the 2.6.22-2 kernel.
Maybe I have this problem to look forward to or maybe I should wait
till it (whatever 'it' is) gets fixed.

Sorry I could not help.

Wayne

Not necessarily. Grub uses /boot/grub/device.map to identify which HDD maps to which (hd?). It might be useful to see the OP's device.map file, but grub could just ignore hda and hdb as they are not HDD.

HTH

Wackojacko