Re: Always falling to grub prompt

On 09/08/2007 11:40 PM, Victor Munoz wrote:
[...]
Well, it was not me anyway :-). grub decided it was time to get confused last week, after months of normal operation.

Victor

Hello Victor. I would try reinstalling the failing kernels; if you do this, copy the kernel .deb files out of /var/cache/apt/archives first, because those kernels are probably no longer available on the Debian mirrors.

I *might* also try reinstalling Grub using "grub-install <yada yada>." However, if you install to the MBR, you must be sure that Grub will be able to boot Windows. Have bootdisks for both Windows and Linux handy.

PS.
I think it's safer to let Windows have the MBR, and configure NTLOADER to chain-load a Linux partition.