Re: Asus P5k SE Debian Etch

Unfortunately that is not really an option as I don't have another SATA system or access to any Debian using freinds and colleagues.

I understand that by replacing the IDE DVD with a SATA drive it should work. Sounds the easiest solution.

Although I dont't suppose any one out there can make a later kernel install available as an ISO?

On 09/09/2007, Bruno Voigt < Bruno.Voigt@ic3s.de> wrote:
rgr wrote:
> Has anything more come of this? I have tried etch-custom with no joy.
>
> Anyone? I have the same Mobo as the OP. Asus p5K SE. It boots from the
> dvd but fails to mount it saying no cdrom found. There doesn't appear
> to be a suitable device node when examining /dev from a terminal either.
>
> (Same with Ubuntu Feisty FWIW)

Put the harddisk in another system
and copy your existing debian installation or install a new one via
deboostrap.
Then chroot into this installation, download & compile the linux kernel
v 2.6.22.6
with desired options (SATA AHCI..Attansic Gigabit Ethernet) install it,
also dont forget to install grub on the disk
and put it back into to the P5K SE system.

So with an recent kernel all features of the board work as expected

WR,
Bruno