Re: mail filters (was Re: (solved) Re: why sarge is so noisy)

> > I use gmail, and I have a mail filter which says 'if the "to"
> > contains debian.org, then tag with "debian" and bypass the
> > inbox'. Filters like that make your mail much more manageable :-)
>
> This is a flawed strategy, because debian-user@lists.debian.org
> might be in the CC list.  Or even be Bcc'd.
>
> Better (perfect, actually) to filter on
>

> This is a flawed strategy, because debian-user@lists.debian.org
> might be in the CC list.  Or even be Bcc'd.
>
> Better (perfect, actually) to filter on

Thanks for the information. Gmail can't filter on List-Id AFAICT, but
it does have a "Has the words" option, and putting
"debian-user.lists.debian.org" there works. Gmail "To" also matches
"CC", but not BCC. Have actually had a few of the latter in my main
inbox (don't know how they expected replies to get back to the list)
so your suggestion will help there :-)

David.