Re: (solved) Re: why sarge is so noisy

On 9/8/07, Serena Cantor <qipaishi2006@yahoo.com> wrote:
> No. I don't expect my question generate so many replies. I have to sign off the list so I wrote
> "solved" in the hope of stoping good guys  answering my question again.

Might I suggest setting up mail filters so that list-related mails go
directly to separate folders rather than your inbox? Then you won't be
overwhelmed by replies and can review them at your leisure.

Also, make sure you use a mail client/service with good thread handling.

I use gmail, and I have a mail filter which says 'if the "to" contains
debian.org, then tag with "debian" and bypass the inbox'. Filters like
that make your mail much more manageable :-)