Re: After Installing ISO Image I cant access GUI and Nedd "sources.list" file

Mostafijur Rahman:

>     I tried to install GUI after installing my ISO CD.But I think problem in
>     file /etc/apt/sources.list .

You are messing up a few things. It is always better to describe your
original problem than to ask how to accomplish what you think *might*
solve your problem.

So, instead of saying "I cannot install a GUI, please tell me what to
put in my sources.list" you should better say:

I installed Debian (which version?) on my machine (what kind of
machine?) but I couldn't tell the installer to install some kind of GUI
(which one?). I tried $foo but it resulted in error message $bar.

>     I copy the example file in my /etc/apt/sources.list file
>     http://wiki.debian.org/sources%2elist_example?highlight=%28sources.list%29

If you wanted to install pure Debian stable, this is most probably not
what you want. The installer should have asked you about that anyway.
But well, here's what I guess is what you want/need:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/   etch   main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security  etch/updates  main contrib non-free

After that, run apt-get update (or better: aptitude update) once or
twice and you should be ready to install anything you want.

J.
--
As a child I pulled the legs from a spider.
[Agree]   [Disagree]