Re: date/time problem since kernel change

Julien Barnier wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Are the packages "initscripts" and "tzdata" installed?
>
> Yes, they are.
>
>> What is the result of the command
>>   grep UTC /etc/default/rcS
>
> Here it is :
>
> ,----
> | julien@L005909:~$ grep UTC /etc/default/rcS
> | # Set UTC=yes if your system clock is set to UTC (GMT), and UTC=no if not.
> | UTC=no
> `----
>
>> (see man rcS(5))? What is the content of the file "/etc/timezone"?
>
> It is "Europe/Paris", which is correct.
>
> Thanks for your help,

And what is the content of "/etc/adjtime"?
I ask, because the behaviour of "hwclock" depends on the contents of
this file (man hwclock).
On my system "/etc/adjtime" contains as the last of three lines "UTC",
in "/etc/default/rcS" there is "UTC=yes". So the hardware clock is run
in UTC. The system time zone is defined by "/etc/timezone" and the
summer time setting by "/etc/localtime". Both files can be reconfigured
in the Debian way:
dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
--
Regards,