Re: date/time problem since kernel change

Julien Barnier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently switched from an own compiled 2.6.20 kernel to the debian
> linux-image-2.6.22 one (I'm using Sid).
>
> And since I use this new kernel, I get a problem with the time on my
> machine : at each reboot I get two hours more than the real time. I'm
> quite sure it is a problem with syncing system and hardware clock, but
> I'm a little lost.

[...]

Are the packages "initscripts" and "tzdata" installed?
What is the result of the command
  grep UTC /etc/default/rcS
(see man rcS(5))? What is the content of the file "/etc/timezone"?
This can be changed with the command
  dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
--
Regards,