Re: Rogue Directory

On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> Yesterday I created a new directory on my workstation so I could
> mount a few NFS mounts on it.  As root, I typed "mkdir /thresh" and
> it worked, or seemed to.  I realize I didn't actually list it, I just
> tried mounting the imported filesystems on it and it worked.  Now
> when I list it, I get:
>
> ?---------   ? ?    ?        ?                ? /thresh
>
> I tried chown, rm, mv and other commands as root, but I can't do
> anything with this directory.
>
> What can I do to either delete it (the only data in it is mounted
> from other systems) or make it usable?

Okay, as some have suggested, it was a problem with the nfs mount.  When
I umount'ed the share, ownership returned and it's okay.

It turns out the issue seems to be more of a DNS issue, which I've
fixed.  (I had switched to DHCP for testing something else and a typo
when I switched back caused the problem.)

Hal