Re: libpango update broke iceape synaptic and more

On Tue Sep 04, 2007 at 11:54:23 -0500, Don wrote:

> I am using "sid" and yesterday my update/upgrade broke iceape, synaptic, and
> some others.  I've had problems with libpango before, but this one has me
> stumped.  I don't see anyone else having this problem, so I must conclude
> something is wrong with my installation.

  I see it too, on my AMD64 system:

  skx@vain:~$ firefox
  /usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_impl

  Interestingly the symbol is defined:

  skx@vain:~$ nm -D /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 |grep g_once_
                   U g_once_init_enter_impl
                   U g_once_init_leave

  I ran firefox under strace and I can see the system load and open
 the correct .so so I'm a little stumped too.

  I can't see any open bug reports, so I'd suggest you submit one.
 FWIW I fetched the source and rebuilt it locally, but the problem
 persists..

Steve