Re: PC with vhosts and with 1 public IP

On 19.07.07 19:30, Giorgos Pallas wrote:
> Why don't you use the same public ip but different listening ports for
> every proftpd server?

I'm afraid this is the only way how to do it, but note that you (or your
users) may have problems with their firewalls - FTP uses different port for
data transfers than for the control connection, and firewalls' connection
tracking and NAT modules may not to detect FTP on different porte than 21.

Maybe you could get another subnet, routed to your machine, where you'd have
the virtual hosts.
My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.