Aptitude behaving strangely

Hi,

My aptitude (uptodate Sid) has been behaving rather strangely lately.  When doing updates, it seems to always hang for long periods of time while displaying the line:

99% [5 Packages 4308]

or similar.  No processor, network or HDD usage seems to be occurring.
It subsequently generally finishes okay, although I'm not sure it is
always completing the update successfully (all packages I have manually
checked against p.d.o seem to be at the latest version, but I haven't
been very systematic about it).  It also seems to be overall more
sluggish and erratic.  I know this is very vague and unhelpful, but I
was just wondering if anyone has been seeing anything like this.  I've
tried playing with sources.list, but I get similar results no matter
which mirror I use (I've only tried a few), and even with apt-get.

Celejar