Re: aptitude full-upgrade - why does it not install Recommended packages?

On 08/31/2007 01:24 PM, Chris wrote:

That at least explains the behavior, and makes sense I guess. But I'd actually like it to really install all "recommends", for all packages I have installed.

This Perl script won't do the installs for you, but it should give you a look at what you might end up installing if you do want all of the recommended packages for every installed package:

#!/usr/bin/perl

my @installed = grep /\binstall$/, `dpkg --get-selections`;
@installed = map +(/^(\S+)/)[0], @installed;
my $rx = join ('|', map quotemeta, @installed);

system(aptitude => search => "~Drecommends:($rx)");

__END__