Re: xterm won't start on AMD K6 with stock 2.6.22-1-486 kernel

Paul Scott(waterhorse@ultrasw.com) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
>> Paul Scott(waterhorse@ultrasw.com) is reported to have said:
>>
>>> Laptop with AMD K6 running Debian sid
>>>
>>> xterm works w/ stock 2.6.17-2-486
>>>
>>> with stock 2.6.22-1-486 attempting to start xterm gives:
>>>
>>> xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
>>> Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys
>>>
>>> I have upgraded almost anything that needed it that would have come after
>>> the 2.6.17-2-486 kernels.  Any of that upgrading may have caused the
>>> xterm problem.
>>>
>>> TIA for any more ideas.
>>>

>> Paul
>>
>> What do you get from
>>
>> grep -i pty /boot/config-$(uname -r)
>>
> So have I been missing the main point?  Is the recent change in
> CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS the problem?  I thought xterm's were working for others
> so I didn't go far enough with that investigation.
OK
from your Aug 26 post

CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS=Y
CONFIG_LEGACY_PTY_COUNT+256
                       ^  That should be = Not +
That should not have happend, unless you ignored the warning at the top
of the file.  " # Automatically generated make config: don't edit"

Wayne

--
What boots up must come down.