Re: Debian Etch on MacBook

Hi !

I am sorry for my misunderstanding.

I run Lenny on a (Black) MacBook (with a (White) Mighty Mouse).
It is almost fine: as the hardware is very new, it is not so well
surpported: this is a very common issue which is not specific to
Mac Laptops. So some part are still a little tricky to install:
the Wiki is a good start.
So maybe, the best choice is to chose a laptop for which
the hardware is well supported. Personally I wanted to let a try to
Mac (I like the Mac Minimal design :-)) Nevertheless, I think that I should
take a Macbook Pro in order to get a larger screen. A last, now I have
a true dual computer: OSX is great compare to Windows, and I enjoy OSX too.
You can also have a trial (?) boot computer.
Note that MacBooks are amd64 computers: some application (multi-media)
are not yet well supported: to crunch number it is Ok. Anyhow, you can
make your box a 32bit box.

hth,
Jerome

Mirco Piccin wrote:
Hi!

    you want to visit

    http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook <http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook>

Of course, i've already visit that web site (also others.. :-))...
But, really my question was more complicated, over the installation ...
... what shall you do, if you could choose between <intel laptop> and <mac intel laptop>?

Thanks!

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net