Re: replacement for formmail

Rick Pasotto wrote:
On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 01:36:12AM +0000, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 02:58:00PM -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 12:51:00PM -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Anyone have any good recommendations for replacing formmail?

I just started working for someone who is using it and we are trying to lock his sites down more than they have been in the past and are looking for a replacement.
What is formmail?

A buggy, insecure perl script used for sending mail from a website. It's been around for a long time and a lot of people use it, but we would like to move away from it. You can still see one replacement for it using apt-cache if your sources.list file is pointed to sarge. You can find it by searching packages at debian.org and choosing "any" for the release.
I've never done CGI stuff.  Why not just rewrite it so that its not
buggy?  Use your language-of-choice.  I would use Python but of course
it would require that I could read Perl, which I can't.

There is a php version that is much better than the perl version.

http://www.dtheatre.com/scripts/formmail.php

Thank you.  That is just what I was looking for.