Re: Shut down or leave on?

On Aug 28, 2007, at 3:46 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:

On Aug 28, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Cavan Mejias wrote:

            How much would all this apply to a laptop? I mean, are
they considered more robust or less? w/ regard to powering off and on?

I don't like to leave laptops on because I've had cooling fan failures in a few laptops. I figure the less time the fan runs, the longer it'll last. This may apply less to more recent laptops where the fan runs very little when the machine is idle, though.

I tend to leave my laptop on all the time, though I have an iBook (no fan) and I sleep it when I'm not using it.