Re: I just installed OpenNTP. Now what?

On Aug 28, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:

Hey guys,

So just installed OpenNTP on a shiny new etch system. The daemon is started during startup but now what? How do I know that my clock is being synchronized?
I checked the config and there are debian ntp servers listed.

So is that it? Or am I missing something here.

It should work out of the box. If you want to see what's going on, run 'ntpq' and type 'pe' at the prompt. This will give you a list of peers and how your clock compares to them. If NTP has been up for a while, you'll see a * next to one system. This is the one your computer has chosen as its primary time source.