Re: MSI nVidia NX7600GT-T2D256E

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 02:17 +0000, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> You mean that the system has totally hung and you can't ssh into it (its
> not just the keyboard and display that's frozen)?

Yes that's right.  No ssh, no response to pings.  System is completely
unresponsive to anything but hard power down or reset button.

> ...Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO...

Thanks that's exactly the info I was looking for.  I have a serial cable
somewhere (once networked an old 486 over it via PPP or SLIP or
something 'cos I couldn't get hold of an ISA ethernet card).  Will see
if it yields any useful info next crash (although still no problems with
the "nv" driver).

Tim