Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(0,0)

On 8/24/07, Bert Schulze <potassium.xyanide@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I took a look at your config and menu.lst
> So whats missing seems to be an initrd image which holds all the
> modules your kernel needs. Your config uses some of em. You should
> build the initrd
>   mkinitramfs -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.18 2.6.18
> and
>   update-grub

Success!!! After struggling with manual packages installation, I could run
those commands and finally successfully reboot the computer in 2.6.18!

One thing though, I had several messages about an '-F' invalid option when
I ran 'mkinitramfs -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.18 2.6.18', but everything seems
okay this far.

Thank you all for your help!

--
Francois