Re: Strange 224.0.0.251 address being accessed on bootup

On Monday 27 August 2007 10:53, Avi Rozen wrote:
> Looks like zeroconf traffic (avahi/mdns), maybe try:
>
> /etc/init.d/avahi-daemon stop
>
> and see what happens.
>

> HTH,
>
> Avi.

Thanks for that Avi. As soon as your first line mentioned zeroconf, bells
started to ring in my head. Zeroconf has caused me problems before, and I'd
purged from the system.

I stopped the avahi daemon, followed by an ifdown, and ifup, and the messages
have stopped. I then disabled it with sysv-rc-conf.

Thats one annoying problem resolved, that's been around for a while.

Many thanks.

Nigel.