raidutil adaptec 2120S

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the raidutil package to work on debian stable.
I've installed the package using apt-get and get this following error :

db:/dev# raidutil -L all

Engine connect failed: COMPATIBILITY number
db:/dev# osdIOrequest : File /dev/dpti17 Could Not Be Opened

I went trouch the FAQ of the raidutil website and checked that the module
was compiled  and loaded (i2o_config) and that alla device where created
and everything seems ok

I find it wierd the raidutil tools complains about /dev/dpti17 failing to
open, aren't these device from the legacy dpt_i2o subsystem ?

I'm runing out of ideas...

Thanks for your help

Olivier