Re: using a remote IMAP server and smarthost

On Sun, August 26, 2007 17:42, Florian Kulzer wrote:
[...]
> or you can install the "msmtp"
> package which provides a sendmail work-alike that is very easy to
> configure. Here is an example configuration file (~/.msmtprc):
>
> #-------------------------
> tls on
> host localhost
> port 2525
> from user@server.tld
> auth on
> user YOUR_USERNAME
> password YOUR_PASSWORD
> #-------------------------
>
> Then you can tell mutt to use msmtp by putting
>
> set sendmail="/usr/bin/msmtp"
>
> into your ~/.muttrc and you should be ready to go.

I now get an error message from mutt:

Errore nella spedizione del messaggio, il figlio è uscito con 69 (Service
unavailable.)
which is probably in English
Error in sending the message, the child process exited with 69 (Service
unavailable.)

and it also relays:

msmtp: the server does not support TLS via the STARTTLS command
msmtp: could not send mail (account default from /home/richard/.msmtprc)

I'm guessing the 'server' referred to is the VM.  I'll try installing
msmtp there.

--
richard