Re: Adaptec 2120S on etch

Chris Robinson <list@krc.org.uk> wrote:

> I unsterstand that I need to do:
> enable CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y and CONFIG_SCSI_AACRAID={y,m}
> to get Adaptec 2120S to work on etch.
> Please can someone point me in the right direction to do this.
> I have PCs running Sarge and Etch.  I do not normally recompile Kernels.

You're in luck - kernel recompilation under Debian is super friendly and
well documented. Install kernel-package and read the README -- which will
direct you which other packages need installing.

When you build a kernel it's easy to import your current (running) config,
in fact that's the default, then just change what you need.

--
Jamin @ Home: Chester UK -<jamin@ghost.merseine.nu>