Re: Pcmcia express card

[L]ash(lash@semailer.com) is reported to have said:
> Il giorno Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:40:19 -0400
> Wayne Topa <linuxone@intergate.com> ha scritto:
>
> > Sorry, I missed the 'express' in your question.  I don't know if I
> > have ever even heard of pcmcia express before.
> >
> > I don't know but Google could tell you, if your interested.
>
> I just search on google first ask here, i have found _only_ a card
> compatible with linux, and i don't know if it work with a free
> driver or not.
>
> Im searching for a people that have a pcmcia express that work with
> linux so im sure that it work :)

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard> Tells me that the voltage
on the express cards is not compatable with pcmcia, so no, the cards
I told you about will not work in an express slot.

That page mentions the the Thinkpad T43, by Lenova, has an express
slot.  As Lenova claims to support Linux you might want to check with
them.  You might also check the linux-thinkpad mailing list for more
information.

As you did not say which card you found that worked on linux, I was
unable to verify if there was a 'free driver' available for it or
not.

If you google with a search term of '(Card name and model) linux'
you might find an answer.

Good luck

Wayne

--
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.