Re: Just flaming....

Sáb, 2007-08-25 às 12:46 +0700, Ms Linuz escreveu:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver/compare/default.mspx

Microsoft simply trying to cheat.
Okay $2,499 maybe a little, but when they say "Free" they are trying to
include Linux itself and not only Red Hat to be the Target but specially
Linux. But to be a true TCO, and comparison Microsoft should had do de
comparison between their operating system and all Linux distributions to
be a 100% true comparison, in the price to the software, and include the
price of support. Okay, but when to kick Microsoft ass?
But the big mistake well, if we go to
https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/server/ Red Hat tells:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Platform
(Unlimited sockets)
Well Unlimited sockets it's the number of cpu's, but if we read the EULA
of Microsoft operating systems they're licensed under a number of cpu's,
if you want more you need to pay more to Microsoft.

Well now to Reliability, or may I say in the way of Microsoft, HOLES?
Well Easy configuration and management, okay it's just click next, next,
customization? How I can do? Click next? and follow the instructions?
Well no way dude.

Interoperability

Open Standards ≠ Open Source
Well it's easy to implement Open Standards in Open Source, then the
OpenXML implemented by Microsoft in Office 2007 tries to be a Open
Standard for Documents, when the Open Source Open Document Format, it's
a Open Standard. And to use Open XML from Microsoft we will need some
closed source components made by Microsoft, so what this means?
Well Microsoft just trying to create a Open Standard using closed
programs in this way they're preventing the evolution of Open Standards
as a true Open Standard.

So my conclusion....
Don't believe in what you read from Microsoft it's just trash lies...

Sincelery
José Paulo Matafome Oleiro