The install Command is not happy with my Syntax.

I am installing a special version of KNOPPIX (sure wish it was
Debian.) from a CDROM to a hard disk.

	The mounted hard disk is quite writable and the CDROM
directory, is as one would expect, read-only. I am trying to
write the distribution on that CDROM to the / file system on the
HD and the install utility should do the job very well, but here
is what happens:

# /usr/bin/install -Ddvp /cdrom /hd/

install: cannot change permissions of `/cdrom': Read-only file system

Why am I getting this message? The /cdrom is the source which I
do not need to change permissions on. The /hd/ mount point is
all ready to receive files if I can get past this impass.

	Thanks for any explanation as to why I get this error
even thought I shouldn't be attempting to write to /cdrom.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer