Re: boot error

On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 08:46:01 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:23:54 +0200
> Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> [...]

[...]

> > Then maybe you are not using the "hal" package at all. What is the
> > output of "dpkg -l hal\*"?
>
> dpkg -l hal\*

[...]

> pn  hal                      <none>                   (no description available)
> pn  hal-device-manager       <none>                   (no description available)
> pn  hal-doc                  <none>                   (no description available)
> pn  hal-info                 <none>                   (no description available)
> pn  halibut                  <none>                   (no description available)
>
> Not there. What else could cause the problem ??

The fact that hal is not installed causes the message. Something else
seems to assume that the haldaemon user exists. You can either ignore
the message, or install hal (why did you purge it?), or find out which
configuration file on your system contains a reference to haldaemon and
file a bug against the corresponding package. (I assume that if another
package has a configuration file that refers to the haldaemon user then
it should depend or maybe even pre-depend on the hal package.)

          Florian   |