Re: lenny repo unstable now?

On 8/23/07, - Tong - <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Not the same but quite similar.
>
> Starting two or three days ago, quite a bunch of packages need upgrading
> (all were up to date less than 7 days ago), e.g.

Tong:

As of right now (6PM Pacific time, 8/23/07) I am about to do a dist-upgrade
on my current Lenny  installation. According to aptitude dist-upgrade, the
system wishes to install / upgrade 173 packages, for a total of 147
megs (and I have to
go and clear stuff in my /var before I can proceed.)

However, the only dependency conflict I can see on this issue is
a libcurl dependency. Aptitude makes the following complaint. I seem
to think this
is a safe choice to make, after all, I can always install sylpheed afterwards.

I'm only using it to read archived mail, and my main mail reading
these days is done in
gmail anyway.

he following packages have unmet dependencies:
  libcurl3-openssl-dev: Depends: libcurl3 (= 7.15.5-1) but 7.16.4-2 is
to be installed.
Resolving dependencies...

Remove the following packages:
sylpheed

Keep the following packages at their current version:
libcurl3 [7.15.5-1 (now)]

Score is 129

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n
Resolving dependencies...