Re: Apache2 & php5 Problem

Randy Patterson(tech@patterson-pcc.com) is reported to have said:
> On Wednesday 22 August 2007 11:08, ArcticFox wrote:

<--<snip>-->
> > > Here's the entire php file in question;

> > > <h1>PHP Test</h1>
> > > <?php print "Hello World!" ?>
> > >
> > > "Hello World" doesn't print.

<--<snip>-->

> I just used the ".php" extension assuming that the default install would
> understand it. In another test I used a file that just contained;
>
> <?php   phpinfo(); ?>
>
> But I just get a blank page.
I just install apache2 yesterday on an amd64 testing box.  I had tried
before on a K7 box and got the same results you cite, so bwent backj
to apache 1.3 on the k7 box.

The amd64 apache install (ver 2.2.3-5) went well and, without making
any additions/changes to any config files, phpinfo.php worked the
first time.

I just copied your "Hello World" script to test2.php in /var/www and
it runs as you wrote it.  So your test pgm is fine.

Wayne

--
Every program has two purposes -- one for which it was written and
another for which it wasn't.