Re: Apache2 & php5 Problem

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 21:28 -0500, Randy Patterson wrote:
> I am trying to setup a local web server on my machine to test php projects
> before going live. I have installed apache2, php5 and mysql using aptitude
> and apache and mysql seem to be working fine. I try to load a test page in a
> browser;
>
> http://localhost/apache2-default/test.php
>
> The file contains a test message between header tags <h1></h1> and below that
> a php script line that just prints another test message with the 'print'
> command. The browser displays the first HTML message but not the message from
> the php script line. There are no errors messages. Is there some
> configuration that needs to take place after installing php5 with aptitude?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

First of all, disable the redirect in the default site file:
sudo vim /etc/apache2/sites-available/default

   #RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/

sudo invoke-rc.d apache2 force-reload

Now, a way to test your PHP installation is to put the following in a
php file in your webserver document root (/var/www):

<?php
  phpinfo();
?>

and open that file up through the browser:

http://localhost/phpinfo.php

This gives you all the information about your PHP installation.