Re: phpmyadmin

On Aug 20, 2007, at 9:58 PM, Freddy Freeloader wrote:

Sorry to be so long getting back to you, but I had already tried this and you're not going to believe the results.... There is a phpinfo.php file in /usr/share/phpmyadmin. It doesn't work. However, I took the php script I used earlier to connect to mysql, added the phpinfo() function to the bottom of the page, copied it to /usr/share/phpmyadmin and Apache served the page. It both connected to mysql and served up the php configuration. It has the same permissions that all other files have in that directory....

Now, I'm not highly experienced with Apache, but know enough to set it up and get it working in most situations, but this just plain old has me buffaloed.... That Apache will not serve up any of the phpmyadmin php pages but will serve up other php pages located in the same directory just seems plain old bizarre to me.

I'm sorry if this seems redundant but you're /sure/ all the files have the same user and permissions? If that's the case the only thing I can think of is to try downloading a fresh copy and installing that. That seems strange to me too.