harddisc errors

Hello,

I'm wondering whether something is wrong with my
hardware. I'm attaching an dmesg output I stored.

For a few days sound output has disappeared. That
started as I enabled tmpfs support in the kernel,
which  also enabled the user-mode udev program to run.
However, booting in the old kernel, in which udev
won't get started, didn't solve anything - sound not
coming back.

I'm suspecting problems with the harddisc, especially
as I see modules not getting loaded correctly on boot
time, and them loading correctly on second try; I've
also seen udev "hanging" on boot time, while, at a
certain interval, printing "lost hdb interrupt" or
something like that (leaving me no choice but to
reboot the machine - using the physical reboot
button). Again, next try, it'd boot fine;

I'm worried about these lines:

hdb: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest }
ide: failed opcode was: 0xef
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: set_drive_speed_status: status=0x58 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdb: CHECK for good STATUS

Those aren't showing up consistently in dmesg output
either.

I hope I'm wrong, that this somehow is some
configuration error or so (in udev configuration
perhaps??) but...
Hoping someone could tell me what's a cause for this.

regards,

Joris Huizer