Intel Pro network

I have
0a:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Intel(R) PRO/100 VE
Network Connection (rev 02)
Its module is getting loaded
lvgvaio:~# lsmod|grep e100
e100                   32232  0
mii                     5344  1 e100
my /etc/network/interfaces is

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
#auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug eth2
mapping eth2
   script /usr/local/bin/selwifinet
   map mohan eth2-mohan
   map lvghome eth2-home

iface eth2-mohan inet dhcp
wireless_essid mohan
wireless_key xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wireless_mode managed
#post-up ifmetric eth2  5

#iface eth2-home inet dhcp
wireless_essid MT841
wireless_key xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wireless_mode managed

Buit when I start this net is not interface is not activated. but e100
is loaded.
Initially ifconfig returns nothing. If I do
lvgvaio:~# ifconfig eth0 up
lvgvaio:~# dhclient eth0
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.4
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/eth0/00:13:a9:85:7d:c1
Sending on   LPF/eth0/00:13:a9:85:7d:c1
Sending on   Socket/fallback
DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPACK from 192.168.1.1
bound to 192.168.1.2 -- renewal in 4845 seconds.
I am connected to adsl modem cum router huawei smartAX MT841 with
doing auto pppoe and dhcp server. It used to work in sarge ok. Now I
have to make the interface up and use dhclient which I didn't need to
do in sarge.
Any solutions to auto start during boot. I tried with both auto etho
and allow-hotplug eth0 in interfaces. Still it doesn't help.
--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/