Re: installing java plugin in browsers other than Iceweasel in amd64 etch

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 08:11:58PM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:

> >To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> >Subject: Re: installing java plugin in browsers other than Iceweasel in
> >amd64 etch
> >Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:06:24 -0400

> Thanks for the advice.  I went in Synaptic (I am using gnome) and installed
> konqueror.  I also installed the konqueror-nsplugins package.....
>
> Is that enough to install java on the browser?  The applets don't work at
> the moment in it but I can see web pages OK.

Diff java and javascript.  I've never used java.

> How do I install mozilla plugins into it?

Get the plug-in and install it as if you had iceweasel/mozilla/whatever.
They go in the mozilla plugins directory.  The nsplugins package ensures
that konq finds them.

> There is a konq-plugins deb package that I haven't installed yet.....
> Should I install it?  What does it do that the nsplugins doesn't do?

The konq-plugins are extensions to the browser; read the package
description.

> What does Knetattach do?  Do I need this or is it just a gimmick?

Don't know.