Re: nslookup from behing router/modem

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 09:49 +0200, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> michael wrote:
> [...]
> [...]
> >> Probably best to browse the various manpages and such, but another approach
> >> is to just look around for clues to the settings, e.g.,
> >>
> [...]
> >
> > yeah i had a poke around, unsuccessfully. it must also get the actual
> > nameservers' IP nums from somewhere too...
> >
> Are you using dhcp? How does your /etc/network/interfaces file look like?
> The dhcp client also manipulates /etc/resolv.conf.

Yeah, using DHCP:
from /etc/network/interfaces:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
installationauto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

iface dsl-provider inet ppp
     provider dsl-provider
# please do not modify the following line
     pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up # line maintained by pppoeconf

But I'm still unsure what I need to amend