Re: bash vs. python scripts - which one is better?

Hi Ron,

On 8/19/07, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

Python + Tcl/Tk should be easier than Python + Gtk.

Thanks.

Even simpler would be bash + dialog or it's GUI companion gtkdialog.

Could you mail me some examples you wrote, please?

> I find this much more comfortable than eg. typing:
> rx mp3conv.rexx 256kbps ~/mp3/work
> Even better: I run this script from within my dir util (DirOpus ==
> Konqueror), so I don't have to type anything.

Your geek cred just dropped.  Substantially.

Why, just tell me why?

But that's ok.  Really.  Honestly, we won't snicker about you while
sipping pretentious and outrageously expensive microbrew.  I swear.

Beware, Big Brother's watching you :-)

Greetings, Manon.