Re: Firefox entry prediction crashes

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:43:07 +0100, Jamin Davis wrote:

> hendrik@topoi.pooq.com <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:
>
>> When I enter URLs or Google search terms in the text boxes near the top
>> of an Iceweasel window, it drops down a menu of guesses as to what I'm
>> going to type next.  I could do without its guesses.  Especially because
>> <snip>
>> Perhaps an option in an configuration file, or in one
>> of firefox's maze of configuration menus?
>
> Go to about:config - "browser.search.suggest.enabled" is boolean, toggle to
> false to get rid of this behaviour.

Did that.  When I enter about:config in the URL box it gives me lots
of lines, including

browser.search.suggest.enabled      user set   boolean   false

but it still pops up these menus when I enter stuff in the Google search
field or the URL field.

There must be something else that has to be done.

-- hendrik