Re: source code installation

Florian Kulzer wrote:
[ Your "top-posting" style of replying makes it harder for other people
  to join the discussion since they have to do quite some scrolling up
  and down to understand the context, especially if a certain topic has
  already received many messages. The recommended approach on this
  list is to put answers into the old text at the appropriate place
  while trimming the old text where possible. Ideally, every message
  should be a short "story" with all the relevant context in
  chronological order. ]

Sorry, I am new to Debian. Hope this is right.

More openoffice.org-* packages should be available. Which CD is this,
the first CD of the standard Etch 21 CD set?

Yes, I only scanned first CD.

"apt-get install openoffice.org" should have worked. I think we need to
have a quick look at your apt configuration. Please post the contents
of the file /etc/apt/sources.list from your system.

Please see the following sources.list:

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r0 _Etch_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20070407-11:55]/ etch contrib main

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r0 _Etch_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20070407-11:55]/ etch contrib main

# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib

Thank you.

Jim