Re: Needs help with Sidux install

eklektik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a unique problem involving sidux. I already tried to get help from
> sidux users from thier forum but no one could help me. This is why I am
> trying my chances here.
> The problem: When I run the live cd it takes about 3 to 4 minutes  to
> output a long text on the screen and after it hangs. The cd is ok because
> i've tested it on other machines. This is the output;
>
> ata1.01: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x2 frozen
> ata1.01: cmd c8/00:08:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/f0 tag 0 cdb 0x0 data 4096
> in
>
> This repeats at least 10 times, then I get
>
> failed to detect live media
>
> then
>
> Busybox v1.1.3...... and lots of other text
>
> then
>
> bin/sh: cannot access tty;
> job cotrol turned off
>
>  then
>
> (initramfs)
>
> and hangs.
>
> My computer is ok because I can run ubuntu, etch, fedora sabayon without
> any problem. Only sidux that fails. I hope some can help me solving this
> annoying problem. I am just a regular user.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> jmak

Two suggestions (guesses, really):  Try other boot options, like fail-safe.
I have several machines running Sidux and they act differently to the live
CD.  Still no joy?  Download Sidux again and burn another CD - at low speed.
A not-quite-right copy may work ok one one machine, but not on another.

At present, I have Sidux installed on five machines.  Works great!