Re: entry in /etc/apt/sources.list for vlc

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 09:08:23AM -0700, PETER EASTHOPE wrote:

> Debian users,
>
> Is there an entry for sources.list to allow apt to get a package
> from an older or newer distribution when it is absent from the
> distribution installed.
>
> Specifically, I have Lenny on a machine and find that vlc is
> not available.  Would be convenient for apt to automatically
> revert to etch.

For that you need etch in your sources list ;)

$cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.ro.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

deb http://ftp.ro.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

deb http://ftp.ro.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib