Advice needed to upgrade a xen domU from sarge to etch

	Hello all,

I need a bit of advise on upgrading a xen domU from sarge to etch. I emailed
gplhost where the domU is hosted. To see if they could give me some pointers
on howto upgrade a domU but unfortunely I have not yet got any replie.

If I where upgrading a standard debain install I would be OK. I would follow
the steps in the release notes for that version of debian.

On the domU I run there seems to be no grub installed and the kernel is a
costum built. All so libc6 seems to be a costum build.

ls /boot
System.map  System.map-2.6.16.29-xenU  vmlinuz  vmlinuz-2.6.16.29-xenU

dpkg -l | grep xen
ii  libc6          2.3.2.xen-22   GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib

deb-src http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free

#deb ftp://ftp.gplhost.com/debian stable xen
deb ftp://ftp.gplhost.com/debian sarge xen

The bittorent tracker that I run on this domU I may move to another server
before I do the dist-upgrade. I would all so backup all the data I needed
before the dist-upgrade just in case things go wrong.

I do have one package from debian backport :

aptitude search '~i!~Odebian'
iB  fail2ban

I would remove this package before I started the dist-upgrade. Then after the
dist-upgrade I install fail2ban agian.

When it comes to dist-upgrade this domU. Would the step below be OK.

aptitude purge fail2ban
Then :
Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change sarge to etch.
aptitude update
aptitude upgrade
aptitude install libc6-xen
aptitude dist-upgrade